This tutorial is for people with nerves of steel LOL! For this tutorial you'll need:
- I.C. Net Software - Filters Unlimited 2.0, Download HERE. Put in your Plugin Folder.
- Sandflower Specials. Download HERE and import in Filters Unlimited. If you don't know how to do this, look HERE for help.
- VM Toolbox - Blast. Download HERE.
On top of the page in the red colored text you see "Click here to download the complete set." Click the word "Here" to download the entire VM filter set. Unzip and put in your Plugin folder.
*TIP* This VM filter can be imported in Filters Unlimited as well.
You'll also need:
-Mask, download HERE. (I think this mask (152) comes standard with psp8, but I'm not quite sure.) Unzip and put in your Mask folder.
- 2 Tubes from Top Design Tubes, by Manon en Vi, download HERE. When you subscribe to this group, you receive wonderfull tubes in your mail box daily, Thanks ladies!
- 1 Tube of a scary face, made by me. Download HERE. Put the tubes in a folder of your choice.
- 2 Background pictures. Download HERE. Put them in a folder of your choice.
- Font Frank Knows. Download HERE. Put the font where you usually put them (in the Font folder or in a folder of your choice). If you don't put the font in the Font Folder, then double click on it, when you want to use it.
- A script, for use in Outlook Express, to put your work in. Download HERE. This script comes from Het Molehofje. Thanks Jetty, for letting me use your scripts.
OK, let's get started.
1. Open the supplied background pictures and the tubes in PSP and minimize them.
2. Open a new image, 500 x 400 px transparent.
Floodfill with black (Raster 1).
3. Layers > New Raster Layer (Raster 2).
Selections > Select all (Ctrl A).
4. Activate the image rusty_metal. Edit > Copy (Ctrl C).
5. Activate your image. Layers > New Raster Layer (Raster 3).
Edit > Paste > Paste into Selection (Shift Ctrl L). Keep selected!
6. Activate the supplied background picture Dark_Metal_girder. Edit > Copy (Ctrl C).
7. Activate now the image you're working on.
Layers > New Raster Layer (Raster 4). Edit > Paste > Paste into Selection (Shift Ctrl L).
In your layerpalette, set the opacity of this layer to 50 and set the Blend Mode to Luminance.
8. Deselect (Ctrl D).
9. Activate the tube Scary Face. Edit > Copy (Ctrl C).
10. Activate the image you're working on. Edit > Paste > Paste as a new Layer (Ctrl L). (Raster 5)
The tube needs to be resized: Image > Resize (Shift S) - 80%. Resize all Layers UNCHECKED!
Move the tube with your Move Tool (M) to the right. In your Layer Palette, set the Blend Mode to Hard Light.
11. Activate the tube Vi_ThomasEpting_StummerZeuge. Edit > Copy (Ctrl C).
12. Activate your image. Edit > Paste > Paste as a new Layer (Ctrl L). (Raster 6)
13. Image > Resize (Shift S). 80%. Resize all Layers UNCHECKED!
14. Move the tube with your Move Tool (M) all the way to the left and downwards, a bit over the edge of the image, so that the pointy branches don't cover the face.
Set the Blend mode in your Layer Palette to Darken and turn the opacity down to 76.
15. Activate tube Mtm_Dark_17_Stitching 3.
Edit > Copy (Ctrl C).
Activate the image you're working on. Edit > Paste > Paste as a new Layer (Ctrl L). (Raster 7)
Image > Rotate > Free Rotate (Ctrl R), Left, 90 and All Layers UNCHECKED.
Move with your Move Tool (M) the tube to the left, next to the face, like this:
In your Layer Palette, set the Blend Mode to Darken and drag this layer (Raster 7) downwards, under the layer of the face (Raster 5).
Now your Layer Palette should look like this:
16. 16. Activate in your Layer Palette Raster 6 (the layer on top).
Layers > New Raster Layer (Raster 8). On this layer we will put our text.
Doubleclick the font Frank Knows (if you put this font in a map of your choice), so the font will be active.
Activate your Text Tool (T) and in the drop down menu, look for the font Frank Knows, floating, size 80.
Set the background color to black, foreground color locked.
Click in your image and in the little window, type the word "Nightmare" or whatever you like. Click Apply. Move the text somewhat to the left and downwards, but be sure to keep away from the edges, because later we will apply a mask and otherwise a part of the text will disappear.
17. Effects > 3D Effects > Cut Out. Vert. en Hor. 3, Opacity 90, Blur 4. Use as shadowcolor a light color from the face tube, I picked a color out of the middle of the nose.
Deselect (Ctrl D).
18. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
19. Effects > Plugins > I.C. Net Software - Filter Unlimited 2.0 > Noise Filters > Add Noise RGB, set the slide to 40.
20. Effects > Plugins > I.C. Net Software - Filter Unlimited 2.0 > Sandflower Specials - Color Gradiant. Set Control 0 to 100,
Control 2 to 130,
Control 3 to 132.
Leave the rest of the control slides as they are.
If you don't like the coloring, you can skip step 20.
21. Layers > Load/Save Mask > Load Mask from Disk. Find mask 152.
Layers > Merge > Merge Group.
22. Layers > New Raster Layer (Raster 1).
Layers > Arrange > Send to Bottom. Make sure the bottom layer is selected. Verify this in your Layer Palette. Your Layer Palette should now look like this:
Floodfill this layer with #202020.
23. With the bottom layer still selected, Layers > New Raster Layer (Raster 2).
Selections > Select All (Ctrl A). The layer in the middle (Raster 2) is selected, verify this in your Layer Palette.
Activate the image Dark_metal_girder, Edit > Copy (Ctrl C).
Activate the image your working on, Edit > Paste > Paste into Selection (Shift Ctrl L).
In your Layer Palette, set the opacity of this layer to 28.
Deselect (Ctrl D).
23. Make in your Layer Palette the merged (top)layer active by clicking on it.
Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow Vert. and Hor. 1, Opacity 100, Blur 2, Color Black.
Again Drop Shadow, but not change Vert. and Hor. to -1.
24. Image > Add Borders > 3 pixels, Symmetric checked, color #5c5c4e.
Activate your Magic Wand, tolerance 0, Feather 0.
Select the border.
Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Choose in the Presets drop down menu Metallic, OK.
25. Deselect (Ctrl D), add your name to your work and save as jpg.
Those, who want to put their work in the supplied script, need to make 2 background pictures.
1. Open the picture Dark_metal_girder, copy (Shift D) and close the original.
2. Layers > Duplicate. Go to your Layer Palette and set the opacity of the Copy of Background to 50 (you won't see anything changing yet).
3. Image > Flip (Ctrl I).
4. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
5. Effects > Plugins > VM Toolbox > Blast, default settings.
6. Duplicate this image (Shift D) and minimize one image for later use.
7. Layers > New Raster Layer.
Floodfill with #202020
In your Layer Palette set the opacity of this layer to 70.
8. Save as a jpg. This image looks like this:
1. Take the duplicated image you minimized in step 6.
2. Layers > New Raster Layer.
Floodfill with #f2fbdf
In you Layer Palette, set the opacity of this layer to 26.
3. Save as a jpg. This picture looks like this:
Now you're all done! You can put the images in the supplied script.