Scroll all the way down to see another example.
This lesson is written for PSP9, but is also perfectly suitable for PSP8.
After the nightmare of the last tutorial, now something for those who love bright, soft colors! :) A real "Feel Good" tag!
For this tutorial you'll need:
Simple - Top Bottom Wrap - download HERE. Scroll down to the middle of the page, where you read "Downloads and Bonus pack". In the second line you'll see "A few extra", click this, that's the filter you need.
- Filter Eye Candy 3.1 - Glow - download HERE.
Put these filters in you Plugin folder.
And these supplies:
- 2 Selections, download HERE. Unzip to your selections folder.
- Tube, download HERE . (Or use one of your own.) Unzip them and put them in a folder of your choice. These are from Top Design Tubes, this group sends you the most wonderful tubes! Special thanks to Manon, who made these tubes!
- Font Whisper, download HERE. Unpack and put them in Windows/Fonts or in a folder of your choice.
1. Turn your rulers on: View > Rulers .
Open your tube in PSP and keep the tube opened or minimized during the whole lesson.
2. Open a new image, width 500 px and heigth 400 px, transparent.
Set your foregroundcolor to #fdb2d3 and your backgroundcolor to white.
Make a gradient Foreground / Background, Linear, Angle 45, Repeats 2, Invert checked.
Make sure the big light part of the gradient is in the upper right corner of the gradient, as shown below:
3. Floodfill your image with the gradient. Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur, Radius 20. OK.
4. Go to your tube, copy and paste as a new layer on your image. Image > Resize (Shift S), 80%, Resize all Layers NOT checked.
Move the tube with your Move Tool (M) as far as possible to the left/bottom side of your image.
5. Layers > Duplicate.
Image > Mirror (Ctrl M).
Layers > Arrange > Move down.
6. Go to your Layerpalette and make the Layer Copy of Raster 2 active (layer of the tube on the right). Set the Blend Mode of this layer to Luminance Legacy and the Layer Opacity to 40. Your Layer Palette should now look like this:
7. Now make the layer Raster 2 active, the layer with the tube on the left.
Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow:
Vertical 0, Horizontal 23, Opacity 60, Blur 40. Color: #5c264f and check Shadow on new Layer (don't forget this!). OK.
8. Now, automatically the shadowlayer will be activated:
On this shadowlayer: Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur, Radius 26. OK.
9. Layers > Merge > Merge visible.
Go to your Free Hand Selection Tool, Free Hand, Feather 20 and Anti Alias checked.
Select the part of the tube on the left that you don't want to have blurred. I did it like this:
When you release the mouse button, the selection will become larger, caused by the feather, don't bother.
Selections > Invert (Shift Ctrl I).
11. Adjust > Softness > Soft Focus. Softness 67, Edge Importance 100, Amount 100, Halo Size 41, Halo Visibility 15. Include scattered light checked.
Selections > Select none (Ctrl D).
12. Layers > Duplicate.
13. Make sure the top layer is active, check this in your layer palette.
Activate your Selection tool. Rounded Rectangle, Feather 50, Anti Alias NOT checked.
Make a selection, starting aprox. at 50/50 (look at your rulers at the top and at the left side) and stop at aprox. 450 (at the top) en 400 (left ruler). As long as you keep your mouse button down, it looks like below and when you release the mouse button, the selection wil hit the edges of your image, caused by the feathering.
14. Effects > Texture Effects > Blinds. Width 42, Opacity 36, Color white, Horizontal NOT checked and Light from left/top checked. OK.
Selections > Select none (Ctrl D).
15. Go to your Eraser Tool. Round, Size 60, Hardness 0, Opacity 38.
Erase the part of the tube on the left, where you don't want to see blinds. When you lock the bottom layer now and then, you can clearly see what you erased, but keep the top layer active! Erasing can be done best by wiping carefully and clicking your mouse button.
Layers > Merge > Merge visible.
16. Layers > New Raster layer.
Selections > Load/Save Selection > Load Selection from disk. Look for the cl9_feelgood 1 Selection. Load.
Flood fill the selection with white. Effects > 3D Effects> Drop Shadow. Vertical en Horizontal 1, Opacity 100, Blur 1, Shadow on new Layer NOT checked. Color is still the same: #5c264f
Selections > Select none (Ctrl D). Set the Blend Mode of this layer to Soft Light.
17. Layer > New Raster Layer.
Selections > Load/Save Selection > Load Selection from disk. Look for the cl9_feelgood 2 Selection. Load.
Don't move the selection! Flood fill the selection with white.
Selections > Modify > Contract 1, OK. Keep selected!
18. Now go to the tube of Manon and make it active. Activate your Selection tool.
Rectangle (not rounded), Feather 0 and Anti Alias NOT checked.
Now select on the tube a nice colorful piece. This piece must not contain transparent parts. This is how I did it:
Go to Materials and set your Foreground to Pattern. First click the little black dot and next click the checkered round dot at the bottom:
Find the selected part of the tube, Angle 0, Scale 100:
Now activate the image you were working on and floodfill the selection with the pattern.
Selections > Select none.
19. In your Layer Palette, set the Blend Mode of this layer (filled blocks) to Hard Light and turn eventually the opacity of this layer slightly down, i.e. to 80, whatever you like.
Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Vertical and Horizontal 0, Opacity 60, Blur 12. Color is still the same: #5c264f. Shadow on new Layer NOT checked.
20. Effects > Plugins > Simple - Top Bottom Wrap.
21. Layers > Merge > Merge all (Flatten).
22. Selections > Select all (Ctrl A).
23. Selections > Modify > Contract 10.
Selections > Invert (Ctrl Shift I).
Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur, Radius 30.
Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Vertical and Horizontal 1, Opacity 50, Blur 2. Color is still the same: #5c264f. Shadow on new Layer NOT checked.
Again Drop Shadown, but now Vertical and Horizontal -1, Opacity 90 and Blur 2. Attention, change the color to WHITE! Shadow on new Layer NOT checked.
25. Selections > Select all (Ctrl A).
Selections > Modify > Contract 1.
Selections > Invert (Ctrl Shift I). Floodfill the selection with #5c264f. (Zoom in!)
26. Layers > New Raster Layer. Make the font Whisper active by opening it (only if you have not put the font in Windows / Fonts).
Activate your Text Tool (T). Floating, Whisper, Size 55, Stroke width 0, background color white.
Type the word "Feel". Ok. Move the text in place. Selections > Select none (Ctrl D).
27. Layers > New Raster Layer. Type the word "good!". OK. Move in place and deselect.
You can move the text exactly where you want it with the Move Tool (M).
28. When you are satisfied, lock the bottom layer by clicking the little eye. Activate the top layer.
Layers > Merge > Merge visible.
29. Unlock the bottom layer and make the top layer (text) active.
30. Effects > Plugins > Eye Candy 3.1 - Glow.
Width 13, Opacity 50, Opacity Dropoff Thin and color #E84679
31. The tag is ready, add your name or watermark and save as a jpg.
The background :
32. Activate the tube from Manon, copy with Shift D and close the original. We are going to make a background of the copy.
In you Layer Palette, delete the layer with the water mark: Rightclick on that layer and select Delete.
34. Layer > New Raster Layer. Floodfill this layer with the same gradient as in step 2:
Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur, Radius 20.
Layers > Arrange > Send to bottom. Set the Layer Opacity of this bottom layer to 40.
35. Set the tube layer (the top layer) to Luminance Legacy and the Layer Opacity to 10.
36. Layers > Merge > Merge all (Flatten).
37. Adjust > Softness > Soft Focus, same settings as in step 11:
38. Effects > Texture effects > Blinds. Same settings as in step 14: Width 42, Opacity 36, Color White, Horizontal NOT checked and Light from left/top checked. OK.
39. Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling.
Corner, Bidirectional and Linear checked. Transition 100, rest to 0.
40. The background is ready now, save as a jpg and it can be used as a background in an e-mail.
An example with another tube :